s1: Personnell file for:
Maricopa Ruck Challenge
Are you ready to accept the challenge in 2019? If so, keep reading!
This year, Still Rucking is challenging you to ruck the 210 miles on the trail that circumnavigates Maricopa County.
The Maricopa Ruck Challenge is a self-guided ruck. However, please know that you have access to a team of individuals you can join, it’s always better with a team! If you’d like to join a group to complete the challenge we will post public events on our main Facebook page or you can take a look HERE for progress.
If you are able to join the events you will complete the challenge in 2019 and earn your “I did it” patch!
Below are the steps you’ll need to follow to complete the Challenge.
Registration is done by requesting to join our closed Facebook Group, 2019 MRC. Requesting to join the group acts as your registration.
- If you weigh >149 lbs = 20 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- If you weigh < 150 lbs = 10 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- NOTE: That is dry weight. That does not include any water or food you decided to pack as well.
Throughout the Challenge you’ll be logging your miles to show you’ve completed the entire Maricopa Trail. This will be done using the 3 step process below:
- Track you ruck using an app such as Strava, Map My Hike, All Trails, or GAIA GPS. Make sure whatever app you choose is able to map your progress. Strava users, search for the 2019 MRC Club.
- At the end of your ruck, post a photo of your map to the 2019 MRC Facebook Group, not the main Facebook Page.
- Send us a Facebook Message with your completed map.
Use #2019mrc and #2019maricoparuckchallenge when posting to your social media platforms!
You’ve earned the bragging rights, got to see some of Maricopa County you probably would not have otherwise ever seen, and earned the “I did it” patch that will be presented to you at the celebration for participants that completed the challenge.
The Challenge celebration will be held in January of 2020 for those who managed to complete the challenge. Exact date and time will be posted on our Facebook Page by 01 December 2019.
Hope to see you on the trail!