The Challenge is to Ruck the 210-mile trail that encompasses Maricopa County over the course of 1 year! For full Challenge details go here or check out the facebook page Maricopa Ruck ChallengeThere are at least 2 events per month over the course of 2019
Completing the Challenge will earn you bragging rights and a patch.
- GORUCK Rucker (FITREP) – This is my standard pack for rucking, whether for events or training.
- 3L Camelbak hydration bladder – It was issued to me and still works well!
- 30lb Ruck Plate – Fits well in the Rucker
- Tactical Gloves – You never know… and they’re nice for PT.
- Reflective Bands – day or night visibility is a good thing. These never leave my pack.
- Petzl Headlamp – Yes it was daylight, but better safe than sorry!
- Anker PowerCore Lite 10000mAh – you don’t want your phone dying on you while trying to track your ruck!
- Waterproof phone case w/ $20 cash
- Notebook and pen
- Cottenelle Flushable Wet Wipes – You never know when one might come in handy.
- Nature Valley Oats & Dark Chocolate Protein Granola.
- Custom First Aid kit.
- Hat – Under Armor
- Sun Glasses – Oakley Custom
- Shirt – Champion
- Shorts – Wrangler Utility
- Socks – Darn Tough Wool socks
- Shoes – Salomon XA PRO 3D trail shoes
Extra Gear ~
- 25lb Brute Force Training sandbag – we carried this for extra weight and PT.
- 1 American Flag – we took turns carrying this too.
- The route is hardball surface along a canal. It’s not very scenic and is very flat.
- It is from point A to point B, so transportation must be considered
- Make sure your tracking app is working properly. Mine (strava) stopped half way through. Fortunately someone in our group had Strava going and included me.
- Get enough sleep the night before. <4 hours is not enough!
- Make sure keys are in your pack and not in the car when carpooling
Do you use Strava to track your training?